Rockshots Records – Hilltops Are For Dreamers New Music Video “Unsoiled Soul” Off Debut Album “In Disbelief”
Releasing their debut album “In Disbelief” this past March via Rockshots Records, Hilltops Are For Dreamers are presenting their new music video for “Unsoiled Soul”. A cinematic song with some ambient vibes, acoustic guitars, effects, and drumbeats, plus a guest classical guitar solo by Victor Lamprinos.
“Unsoiled Soul” was filmed and directed by Victor Lamprinos in South-Western Greece
Vasilis Papageorgakopoulos (Guitars / Bass / Keys / Programming) adds:
“The location of the video has been carefully selected to depict the theme of the song. A cinematic song with some ambient vibes, based on acoustic guitars, effects, and drum beats, plus a guest classical guitar solo by the video’s director himself. The end of the song is quite intense, and sentimental and represents the end of a chapter. It is influenced by the band Sentenced and the song ‘End Of The Road’. Lyrically, the main character acknowledges that even when hope is gone-like hope that abandoned this old industrial estate in the video, there’s nothing to worry about because you have lived this again and again and again in an intangible past. This is awakening and possibly a representation of our world.”
The album “In Disbelief” itself is a world of extremes and vastly different from the band’s musical past. It blends influences from post-hardcore with acoustic blues melodies, progressive structuring, heavy riffing, and a dash of black metal along with exploring electronic and cinematic paths. The record is meant to be a journey from a gloomy emotional state to a possible healing point through the process of realization. It is divided into three parts, Shadows, which is the dark unfolding of the path, Overturn, where the growing consciousness leads to the hope of a better self, and Awakening, which depicts a moment of revival and prospective remedy. For the album’s mixing and mastering, they teamed up once again with Steve Lado at SL Studios.
Hilltops Are For Dreamers are recommended for fans of Opeth, Thrice, and Soilwork.
HILLTOPS ARE FOR DREAMERS
[March 25th 2022]
heavy metal, post-rock, black metal
Base: UK / Greece
Label / Booking / Press:
Rockshots Records / Asher Media
CD – https://bit.ly/InDisbelief_CD
Digital – https://bfan.link/in-disbelief
Band Line Up:
Vasilis Papageorgakopoulos: Guitars / Bass / Keys / Programming
Michael Enger: Vocals
Dionysus Maratos: Programming
– Guitars & bass recorded and played by Vasilis Papageorgakopoulos
– Keys and programming by Vasilis Papageorgakopoulos
– Vocals performed by Michael Enger
– Drums arranged and programmed by Vasilis Papageorgakopoulos & Dionysus Maratos
– Drums refined and edited by Defkalion Dimos
– All music & lyrics by Vasilis Papageorgakopoulos, except ‘Unsoiled Soul’ music by Vasilis Papageorgakopoulos & Dionysus Maratos; classical guitar lead by Victor Lamprinos
– Recorded by Vasilis Papageorgakopoulos at Hilltops Recordings & Michael Enger
– Produced by Steve Lado at SL Studios
– Mixed & Mastered by Steve Lado at SL Studios
– Co-Produced, edited & engineered by Vasilis Papageorgakopoulos
– Artwork synthesis & design by Sophia D.
– Band Logo by Sophia D.
– Artwork photography by Vasilis Papageorgakopoulos